Friday, April 6, 2012

President's Day

I am SO behind on posting, between life, school, illnesses, travel, and everything else blogging was not my main focus. So the next few post will be quick and simple & forgive me if I don't link or list where I got what, because at this point - I have no idea. If it's you, let me know & I'll give you credit for it. ;)


We spent two weeks learning about the Presidents, nothing too deep just a few simple activities...
Popsicle flag puzzle

P is for Penny


Flip book on Abraham Lincoln.


Abraham Lincoln paper bag puppet.


Outline of P in pennies. 2teachingmommies


A heads & tails game where we counted how many times our pennies landed on either their head or tails.


File folder game made using images from Microsoft clip art.

 
Q is for Quarter.


Outline of Q in quarters. (see link above)


Cherry tree - First color by number activity, which B did quiet well at.


Counting the cherries on the tree.


We also spent time examining the penny, quarter, dollar and five dollar bills.

 
Some of the Presidential books we read...
John, Paul, George and Ben



A Picture Book of George Washington - Presidents Day Books for Kids

The Story of Abraham Lincoln

A Picture Book of Abraham Lincoln - Presidents Day Books for Kids


 








No comments:

Post a Comment