Sunday, August 19, 2012

Summer of Blazing Imagination # 5 - vehicle art run


Did I mention how much I love simple, and inexpensive projects to keep kids busy? Well I do (so if you have some feel free to share)...and here's another great example.
Step one - find a (medium sized) truck, car or some kind of rolling vehicle.
Step two - tape a washable marker to it so that the tip rest on the ground.
Step three - lay out large sheets of paper (if you have little ones, you may want to tape the paper to the floor so it is stationary).
Step four - drive the vehicles all over the paper.

This is what happens - simple, beautiful art!
The dots are from the markers sitting still in one spot and bleeding through. I thought about moving them a little higher on the trucks, but I kind of liked the different effect it was giving.
The picture doesn't actually do this piece justice, it is really beautiful...I think I may have to frame it and use it in our new classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment