Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas crafts


There are so many fun activities to do during the holidays, it's often hard to choose which ones to do without overwhelming myself or B. Here are a few we did...

Reindeer - We traced B's hands & a shoe onto construction paper. Add some googly eyes, a red pompom and a little mouth & say hello to Rudolph.

We also made I spy ornaments, with the above material. I wanted to use the large glass ornaments but I waited to long to buy them & only the small ones were left. They worked out well though, and are just as cute. The only problem was trying to find things that would fit in the tiny openings of these ornaments. I will be looking for the larger ones next year. 

For more examples of these, check out playathomemom3 she has some awesome ideas!
*These are glass so be very careful if you attempt this project.

One hanging on our tree...and yes that is a paper chain; over 70% of our tree is decorated in some form of paper ornaments.

What would Christmas be without a gingerbread house? Actually it's a first in our house, neither my DH or I have done one...so it was a new experience for all of us. While more time consuming that I realized, it was fun. We let B decorate it how he wanted on the roof & asked for other suggestions (Should we add a door/window etc.); then Mommy did a few finishing touches.

Considering we weren't trying for perfection, I think it turned out pretty cute.

We even did a Santa craft, that B enjoyed; I wish I could remember where I found this (if it's yours, let me know & I'll give you credit).

Once you color and cut out the pieces, glue the Santa to a tongue depressor and you've got Santa going up & down the chimney. B is saying 'ho,ho,ho'. Unfortunately B only got to play with it for a day, I guess the dog thought it was fun yummy too...the next morning, the only thing left of it was a small piece of the tongue depressor.


No comments:

Post a Comment