Thursday, June 28, 2012

Summer of Blazing Imagination #1 - car wash

Welcome to the first official post of
Summer of Blazing Imagination.... In Texas our Summer is hot sweltering and long, it seems to start around the end of April or early May and end around September or maybe even October. Although, I don't recall it being this way as a child; but as an adult (and now one with a child trapped inside a house for the better part of the day, due to heat advisories) it's a different story. Don't get me wrong, I *LOVE* the warm weather, it's the days of 105+ that I could truely live without.
So the "being trapped inside" got me to thinking that I needed to come up with something for us to do this Summer; especially since we're not dueing any unit studies. That's when it hit me, it's summer...let's do some fun, crazy, maybe out of our comfort zone kind of activities & share them with you, because I know I'm not the only one stuck inside with a kid trying to keep them busy.
Now onto our imagination activity...

Recycled Car Wash

What you need:
A box - whatever you have (we used a soda pack)
chennile sticks
crete papper
yarn
tape

I cut crete paper a little longer than the height of the box, then cut into sections about half way through and taped it to the roof of the car wash. Then the same with the yarn. For the chennile sticks, I used a pen & marker to get the twisted effect, then taped them on. You could paint your box or wrap it if you want to get fancy...but we had fun with ours just the way it was.

B loved this...he used it on his fleet of construction vehicles and then he built it into his train yard...all of his vehicles are clean as a whistle.
Even the kitty decided it looked like fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment